Today, business people new types of devices for work, accessing Windows applications alongside non-Windows-based applications, and are more mobile than ever.
In this new mobile cloud world, managing and delivering services to end users with traditional PC-centric tools has become increasingly difficult. Data loss and image drift are real security and compliance concerns. And organisations are struggling to contain costs. Horizon 6 provides IT with a new streamlined approach to deliver, protect, and manage Windows desktops and applications while containing costs and ensuring that end users can work anytime, anywhere, on any device.
With VMware Horizon 6, you can have virtualised or remote desktops and applications delivered and managed from a single centralised platform and deliver End User Computing (EUC) so your users can securely access their business applications from anywhere and from whichever device they are using: desktop, notebook, tablet and mobile phone.
VMware Horizon 6 solves the challenge of providing a unified workspace with a great user experience – you can securely and easily deliver desktops, applications and online services to end users through a single unified workspace.
Unfied desktop on all devices with single sign-on with VMware Horizon 6
- Provide a consistent unifed desktop and end-user experience across devices, locations, media and connections
- Speed up your deployment with Central Image Management for physical, virtual and BYO devices
- Closed Loop Management and Automation controls, delivers and protects your data and software resources with cloud analytics and automation, cloud orchestration and self-service.
- Optimised for the Software-Defined Data Center – dynamically allocate resources with virtual storage, virtual compute and virtual networking to simply and cost-effectively manage and deliver desktop services on-demand.
- Horizon 6 allows IT to centrally manage virtual, physical, and BYO Windows images to streamline management, reduce costs, and maintain compliance
- Deliver Windows services at the speed end users expect with the efficiency business demands
These desktop and application services — including RDS hosted apps, packaged apps with ThinApp, SaaS apps, and even virtualized apps from Citrix — can all be accessed from one unified workspace to provide end users with all of the resources they want, at the speed they expect, with the efficiency business demands.
Central image management is supported for
• Physical machines running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
• Full-clone persistent virtual desktops running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
• BYO devices running Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
Learn more at: http://www.vmware.com/products/horizon-view