Flash storage can make your applications run up to 5x faster and with fewer drives to maintain. While cost has been an obstacle in the past, HP’s new 3PAR StoreServ 7200 All-Flash Starter Kit brings it within reach for most organisations with between 100-500 users.
At around $45,000, HP’s All-Flash storage is winning awards and glowing testimonials and could be a justifiable expense with real ROI in terms of productivity.
The all-flash starter kit gives you an HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 Storage array with 7 TB of usable capacity, HP 3PAR Operating System Software Suite, three years of HP Proactive Care 24×7 support, and a 180-day license for HP 3PAR Online Import software.
With this license, you can perform simple and painless data migration from EMC CLARiiON CX4 and EMC VNX arrays or HP EVA Storage to your new all-flash array.
This low-cost package is ideal for accelerating small- to mid-size online transaction processing (OLTP) and database environments as well as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments with up to 500 users.
HP claims the following benefits for it’s award-winning all-flash storage solutions.
- Accelerated—5x increase in application performance with 90% fewer drives
- Massively parallelised architecture, flash-optimised cache algorithms and QoS.
- Efficient — Reduce capacity requirements by 75% and extend flash lifespan
- Maximise ROI with hardware-accelerated in-line de-duplication, thin provisioning and shared capacity for file, block and object access.
- Bulletproof — Eliminate downtime for performance-critical applications
- Quad-controller design with persistent cache and ports, peer failover, and multi-site replication. Reduce risk with flat backup to HP StoreOnce.
- Futureproof — Non-disruptive data mobility between systems
- Refresh storage seamlessly and load balance effectively across Tier-1, midrange, and all-flash.
- Over 75K IOPS at sub-millisecond response time
- Scales to 3.5TB raw or 7TB usable
- Linear performance and capacity scalability — easily expand hardware for a total of 690 TB usable capacity and 250K IOPS
- Unconditional 5 year warranty on all solid state media.
“I have seen a phenomenal increase in the performance of my overall system by just making the investment in storage. After putting in the 3PAR array we have seen between five and 10 times improvement of throughput and performance, reduction of latency in our array. And while those are all great numbers off a data sheet, what it means to me is I can serve more customers at a given time, and I can do that with less — fewer servers, fewer database nodes, which results in, for me, a reduction of my operating cost, and a reduction of my capital expenses.”
Lee Pedlow, Senior Director Production Services, Sony Network Entertainment International, LLC
“Metro Health needed storage with high performance and availability to support our virtual desktop environment. The HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 all-flash array has delivered – high IOPS, low latency, and scale – all while providing time and cost savings.”
Aivars Apsite, Chief Strategy Officer, Metro Health
“We have seen tremendous performance gains in metadata access; the 62% improvement in overall response time means both faster processing, and also less waiting, since the humans using the VM’s are very latency sensitive!”
Frederic Van Haren, Senior Director R&D Labs, Nuance Communications
“The 3PAR StoreServ 7450 stood out as the obvious choice to extend our storage services to a next generation platform. Its multi-tenancy support allows us to leverage our investment by adding customers on demand and spin up their storage in hours, putting our savings into competitive pricing. It’s a real win: Latisys is already gaining new business due to the power of the 3PAR StoreServ 7450.”
Christian Teeft, CTO, Latisys
Evotec can help your organisation improve its competitive edge with innovative HP storage and networking solutions. Call us on 1300 133 996 for more.