Effective face-to-face meetings and meaningful dialog are vital for success in business communications, but staff travel is tiring, expensive and time consuming. With the NBN’s fast broadband just around the corner, now is a good time to install a user-friendly, quality Video Conferencing solution.
Take a look at the Top Ten Benefits of Video Conferencing…
- Reduce carbon tax costs – reducing the amount of business travel for executives by replacing some travel-cost meetings with VC meetings can reduce your organisation’s carbon footprint
- Reduced travel costs – Evotec and LifeSize VC can deliver rapid ROI with low-cost, high-quality VC made more widely available in your organisation. Interstate and international travel can be replaced or reduced. And regional managers can communicate with their territories more effectively and more frequently, replacing major expenditure in road travel time, costs and risks
- Faster decision-making. Without a quality VC solution, globalisation and international collaboration will slow you down. By replacing travel-cost meetings with more frequent VC meetings, decisions can be made faster
- Improved effectiveness and frequency of meetings – meetings that were previously not held, or teleconferenced, can now be visually presented and recorded. Meetings can be held more frequently and be more effective, as participants can pick up the visual communication cues necessary for effective communication. Powerpoint presentations, PDFs, online content, DVDs, previous meeting recordings can all be integrated easily into the meeting and shared with all participants, making meetings more effective
- Improve morale and employee satisfaction– by bringing people together in visual meetings on a regular basis, you can drive a unified culture and improve team cooperation and collaboration. Internal relationships will improve as your teams get to know each other. Remote workers will feel more connected and appreciated
- Better management – reduced travel means your managers are more productive and happier – staying closer to their homes and families – at the same time improving their contact with their remote teams.
- Reduced OH&S risk – reducing road travel for meetings reduces employee risk
- Record your meetings – All Lifesize products support native recording – which means you can easily capture and store: o training sessions for future access via a knowledgebase o product presentations for viewing by absent staff at a later date. o important staff meetings to provide content for internal communications. o Evidence of meeting proceedings to reduce risk of legal action
- LifeSize’ cost effectiveness = optimal usage – Some corporate video conferencing systems are so costly, they are reserved for larger conference rooms and special occasions. The result – staff who really need VC rarely have access to it. With LifeSize’s affordability you can place VC in more rooms in more sites, making the benefits of VC more widely available, with more frequent use
- Prepare for the future – By embracing VC now, your organisation will prepare itself for fast broadband and the new age of “Customer Service Via Video.” In the near future, sales and customer service via video conferencing will become the norm. Evotec and LifeSize can help you prepare for this new wave of technology and the changes to business it will bring
How to start your VC project
The LifeSize product range is based around the room size – from the LifeSize Desktop model for home and mobile users, through to the LifeSize Room for large corporate conference room. Like all technology purchase decisions, for maximum ROI, it’s important to work out the scope of the project. Here’s a list of questions, we’ll need to ask when preparing your VC solution:
- How many rooms will be used for VC?
- What are the size of the rooms
- Which room will be the main host room? – ie usually the boardroom headquarters.
- List the maximum number of likely participants.
- How many remote or mobile workers will be required to attend VC meetings?
- What kinds of meetings will be held at each of the rooms?
- List any other data display requirements – ie a document camera may be mandatory for offices which have to share views of hard-copy documents.
How to get the most out of your LifeSize investment
Evotec can install the best LifeSize solution, but there are a number of things you can do to improve the impact of your Video Conferencing.
- Prepare your rooms – tidy up each room in your VC network: place a branded background behind each speaker and/or a name card in front– ideally with their name, role and location. This might seem like overkill for an internal meeting, but it helps participants know who they are talking to and looks more professional.
- Invest in some improved lighting in your VC rooms. Evotec can supply and install additional VC-optimised lighting which will deliver vastly improved images.
- Customise your LifeSize home page background with your own corporate branding and internal messaging. Take advantage of Evotec’s offer to include a free customised background with each new LifeSize installation of LifeSize.
- Make sure your key admin staff attend the Evotec LifeSize training session after installation. The more people who know how to use VC, the better.
- Make sure your Evotec VC Quickstart Guide is placed in each room. While LifeSize is easy and intuitive to use, having the instructions handy will improve user acceptance.
- Appoint an internal staff member to be your LifeSize VC Expert – to save the day for busy managers who don’t have time to read the guide.
- Establish some internal guidelines on VC participation. See the Evotec Guide to VC Participation.
To organise a demonstration and a quote, contact Evotec on 1300 133 996.